Sunday, April 25, 2010

Family Portraits 2010 & some NEWS

These are my favorite 5 family photos, taken by my Aunt Marilyn. She's such a talented photographer. My favorite photos she took of each of my kids are on my sidebar.

After church, we went to a freightyard where animal feed is loaded onto train cars. I really like this URBAN look! We have a similar freightyard in Central Point, where fertilizer is loaded onto trains!

This cute shot includes our daughter, Diana Marta Gomez-Revilla Mancilla. Mancilla is her mom's maiden name, so when Diana marries, she'll add a new last name and drop Mancilla. She's been with us for a few months and will leave us in 2. We'll miss her terribly!

I prefer the b&w one of this picture, since Ben's white socks stand out SOOO much, in the color version! I'll post some pics of Josh's LACK of socks LATER. My boys have a fashion sense all their own. Just so you know, I helped them both PACK dark socks for the trip!

At the end of the shoot, Ben was really in a bad mood, so he's cranky here, but I still like the picture! If you've read this far, you will now know the NEWS:

I will be getting released as YW President next week because today Damian was called as the Bishop of our ward. If you look at my kids ages, you'll see that they'll all be in their teen years while their Daddy is Bishop, pretty much! That should help discourage them from any morality/substance problems, don't you think?

10 comments:

Jennie said...

You had me fooled. I totally thought you were pregnant! I bet your young women are going to be so sad to have you leave...what an adventure! I can't imagine being the bishop to my whole family...
I LOVE the pictures by the way. I'm going to have to convince Marilyn to come out this way!

Lana said...

wow! that is awesome, he'll be great! and so will you!!

I wish I was in your ward :)

Kristy Swenson said...

Congratulations to Damian! He'll do a great job. Are you sad about being released from your calling? I just got called this past Sunday as one of the primary choristers. Remember when you did that in my home ward? Let me know if you have any good ideas to use!

Andrea said...

Cute pictures!! My friends dad was Bishop when she in High School. Someone asked her mom one time "How do you handle your husband being gone ALL the time?" To which she replied "All day long I pretend that he is dead, so that when he finally gets home it is a nice surprise." Congratulations and Good Luck!

Kari said...

I think I told you before, but I will tell you again, I LOVE the pics, your family just gets cuter with time, and you hardly look old enough to be the mom of this bunch!

I knew it was a matter of time before we got a new bishop, and it is a comfort to know that your sweet husband is now the 'father' of our ward. He is a good and honest man and our ward will benefit from his humble leadership.

Does this mean you are exempt from having a calling for the next 5 years??!! Lucky Duck!

The Sabeys said...

My parents were in Utah last weekend for graduation. Sunday Evening, my parents told me that a new Bishop was called in the Second Ward. If they wanted me to guess, it means I know them and I don't really feel like I know anyone in Central Point now. But I said, "I am pretty sure it would have to be Damian Idiart." They just smiled. What an adventure. My dad was Bishop from the time I was 10 to 15... I LOVED it. I hope to see you guys when I come visit in June! Your family is so beautiful.

jdbanry family said...

We are very excited to be moving into your ward in 3 weeks! I thought there would probably be a bishop change soon and I am glad its your husband!

Kristi said...

I am so behind on your blog postings. Is that because you now have more free time to post?
First of all we are excited to have Damian as our bishop, although we don't know what to call him anymore. Should we call him bishop when it comes to ward matters and Damian when it comes to friend matters?
Second, your family pictures are so great. I love the industrial setting and the colors, very different and very cool.
Third, Emma is radiant. Her skin is flawless and her hair in the family pictures particularly is gorgeous. It is obvious that she is the daughter of former miss Alaska.
Fourthly - for Ben's birthday party $10 a kid! whoa. That is a lot. I actually sent money with Spencer and emphasized that he needed to give the money to you. When he got home I asked him about it. Of course he forgot. Sorry. I can reimburse you.
And lastly, it looks like you have had some fun trips with family.
Your family is great. We love you guys.

youreprettytoo said...

Congratulations Damian and Sarah! i'm not surprised at all. your family is beautiful!

Beka said...

I could look at your blog for hours...I love these family photos because they're beautiful, but mostly because I love your family. I can't believe Damian is the Bishop. It always seemed inevitable, but how can he be old enough already?!