Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Big Hair Blunders

I posted about my past BHS (Big Hair Sins) Here and Here, but I failed to share the blunder I call BANGS, with you.

SO . . . in honor of my brother Jonathan, I thought I'd throw out a little SCARY for you. Jonathan is in the second photo. He just asked me to invite him to read my blog and I didn't even know he read ANY blogs, so I'm thrilled. Welcome to my blog, John!

Photo #1~
The reason why I should never have Bangs: They make my head look fat. My head is about 10 lbs. lighter under that mop, I swear! (Little Miss Emma looks cute with bangs, I must admit!)


Photo #2~
Some people with BANGS are tempted to spray them with shellac and make them stick up straight (using a blow drier to harden the shellac into a sort of fence helmet). And then the above said person stands around dead animals for a family photo (although my bangs and the Dall Sheep's horns match, don't they?) Let go of the BANGS, sister! You're doing yourself NO favors!! Jonathan, I hope you still have that skinny tie, it's back in style now, did you know?

10 comments:

Brandan and Becky said...

My 8th grade self is completely envious of your hair sprayed bangs. I never figured out how to use a curling iron without creasing my hair.

Callie said...

I love the early 90's- weren't they great? My 10th grade photo looks exactly like that- except that I had on a rayon shirt- remember those? And hot pink lipstick- I was so hot.

Leslie said...

I haven't had bangs since the 8th grade! I too, get face head with bangs. You look hot with your 3 inch high bangs!

Jennie said...

I tried so hard to get my hair to look like that. Never worked. I've grown mine out. I'm trying to decide if I should leave Paige's bangs or not...

Autumn said...

You look smokin hot with those bangs! Look at that serious sexy look you are pulling off in that picture...or is that just a mad I-don't-want-to-do-this (kinda like Benny!) look? My bangs of choice were the two way - curl some down and some up. Though I never did get volume like you did!

The Sabeys said...

I wish I could go with out bangs. I once tried, but since I have had bangs since... forever, I am so self conscious about my forhead without something on them. But my bangs have gone through many styles. I am currently a bang swooper.

Lance and Kim said...

There are still places in our country today where your high pangs would be very stylish--scary!

Jaysonsmom said...

i never had the tall bangs. I did the one curl up and one down thing too. Mine were huge as well as the rest of my hair. Scary huh and the thought of the eighties clothes coming back is just wrong lol.

Krystal said...

I think bangs are coming back in style though...you would be one hip mommy if you started wearing your hair like that again. :)

Emma said...

Callie, you have to let me see that picture! Although I'm not a huge fan of hot pink lip-stick I here that it is popular with the HS kids again.... And mom PLEASE don't ever get bangs!!! And if you do, just don't style them like you did in pic #2...